Mathomathis would like to present an article on Super Brain Yoga By Dr. Ramesh MDS. As Master Choa Kok Sui says,~the Body is a living battery that requires constant recharging. This is done through different means, especially through the transference of Life Energy. One of the simplified techniques is MCKS Superbrain Yoga which energizes and activates the Brain. Superbrain Yoga gradually awakens the latent powers within us while involving internal alchemy.
FUNCTIONAL ANATOMY OF THE BRAIN
The Human Brain has the following parts: –
- Cerebrum: The cerebrum, which does the functions like, thinking, learning, creativity, five senses, memory, emotion, problem solving, and decision making.
- Cerebellum: The cerebellum, receives messages from most of the muscles in our body. Then it communicates with other parts of the brain and then sends messages about movement and balance, back to our body.
- Brain Stem, consists of Pons, Medulla Oblongata: The brain stem, which regulates the heart rate, breathing, swallowing, blinking, digesting and more, it controls the basic functions of the brain.
The right and left hemispheres of the brain appear to produce different brain functions. The left hemisphere is active in linear, logical, practical, rational and time oriented activities. The right hemisphere seems to be much more spatial, creative, analogical, holistic and non-logical The brain, a masterpiece of universe creation and has an inherent electrical potential, which is generated within itself and distributed throughout the Body
METHODS OF STUDYING THE BRAIN FUNCTION
Activities of the brain can be studied through the use of
- EEG (Electro-encephalogram)
- CT scans (Computerized Tomography)
- MM Scan (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
- PET scans (Positron Emission Tomography)
BRAIN WAVES:- The electrical potential generated by the brain is measured by specialized equipment called “Electro-encephalograph”. The EEG shows four types of patterns which are called the “Brain Waves”. These waves are rhythmic in nature. They occur independently on each side of the brain. In certain instances, both sides of the brain waves are in synchronization.
SYNCHRONIZATION OF BRAIN WAVES:- During meditation and deep relaxation, the left and right brain wave patterns happen together. Scientists now believe that Synchronization makes:
- Much more brain power available
- Learning large amounts of information very quick
- High Creativity
- Self Control over all emotions
THERE ARE FOUR TYPES OF BRAIN WAVES:
- Beta Waves
- Alpha Waves
- Theta Waves
- Delta Waves
Beta Waves, which occurs at a frequency of 13 to 25 cycles per second. It is mainly seen in intense mental activity like, talking. speaking, doing work, solving problems, etc. It is also seen during tension.
Alpha Waves, which occurs at a frequency of 8 to 12 cycles per second, It is a state of quiet and resting alertness, It also indicates relaxation, These waves forms at the diffuse Thalamo-cortical System in the Mid-Brain, Mostly these areas have the functions of learning, memory, consciousness and abstract thinking, etc, Most intensely recorded in the occipital region of the brain.
Theta Waves, which occurs at a frequency of 4 to 8 cycles per second. It is commonly seen in young children During emotional stress in adults, particularly during disappointment and frustration, It occurs in many brain disorders, Most frequently recorded over the parietal & temporal regions of the brain,
Delta Waves, which occurs at the frequency of 0.5 to 4 cycles per second, It is a state of deep sleep. It is also seen in very serious organic brain diseases. It strictly occurs in the cortex region of the brain.
BENEFITS OF ALPHA WAVES
The Benefits of alpha waved are quite extensive in nature, if more Alpha waves are generated, then:-
- There is a relaxed concentrated state of mind which makes a person ore alert.
- There is a synchronization of the right & Left sides of the brain.
- An increase in Alpha waves helps relieve anxiety and reduces stress related disorders.
- It strengthens the immune System, thereby improves the ability of the body to heal faster.
- This is effective for reprogramming our inner conscious levels.
- It is a state of high Creativity, which leads to peak performance.
BRAIN MAPPINGS:- Using EEG Machine Kit (a Brain-view Plus Windows based Digital Electro~encephalograph)* and its associated software program, the Brain waves can be assessed in eight different ways, depending on the parameters that need to be studied or analyzed.
- Brain Waves
- Single Amplitude Map
- Tn Map
- Frequency Map
- Frequency Spectrum
- Progressive Amplitude Map
- Progressive Frequency Map
- Frequency Tabular Analysis
EEG:- The procedure of recording Brain Waves is done by attaching about 20 electrodes to the scalp of the patient. Microvolt level EEG signals are amplified with an analogue amplification device to volt level. It is collected by the computer. The recorded signals may be displayed on the screen, It can be printed on paper or stored on the computer and used for archival purposes later. The resulting traces are known as “Electro-encephalogram” or Brain Waves.
CLINICAL TRIALS, Pilot Studies
Study 1:- Tells about the comparative age-wise brain activity in normal subjects In this study we have compared the age-wise Brain activity of the young age, middle age and old age of normal individuals, As you see in this histogram, as age advances there is a marked reduction in the Alpha waves. This is a normal phenomenon. We also observe that Beta Waves become less active as age advances, This may be due to less intellectual activity and alertness, There is a generalized, diffuse slowing down of wave pattern at the older age. This slowing of waves occurs due to brain shrinkage, neuronal loss and nerve degeneration, etc.
Study 2:- Tells about the comparative effect of Superbrain Yoga in a Control subject (a person who is totally not aware of the Superbrain Yoga Exercise) and a regular practitioner, who practices the Superbrain Yoga regularly for about one year without fail. This is a comparative study of Alpha wave activity through.
Super – Brain Yoga, between a regular practitioner and a non-practitioner (control subject). Observe there is a uniform increase in Alpha wave activity throughout the Brain in this Frequency map program. Alpha wave activity especially in the Frontal & Occipito-parietal regions is high, well appreciated in the Single Amplitude Map program The Tri Maps illustrate that in the control subject, the Brain wave activity is un-coordinated and random in nature Whereas there is a regular, coordinated activity of the Left & Right sides of the Brain in a regular practitioner of Superbrain Yoga, indicating Balance & Synchronization of Brain waves,
Study 3:- Tells about the immediate effect of doing Superbrain Yoga in a subject who is performing this exercise for the first time ever. For this study we choose a subject who was unaware about Superbrain Yoga.
The subject was appraised about the technique in detail and then asked to perform the same. After an interval of 15 minutes we recorded the brain waves again & found significant increase in brain wave activity, especially Alpha Wave activity. We also observe that, by doing this exercise Brain waves have improved their coordination and balance between the right and left sides.
BENEFITS OF SUPERBRAIN YOGA:- According to Master Choa Kok Sui
- It energizes and activates the Brain
- It increases the inner peace
- Reduces psychological stress and gives greater psychological stability
- Greater intelligence and creativity
- Regulates the sex drive
- Partial cleansing and energizing effect on chakras and auras
- Transformation of the lower energies into higher energies
- Proper functioning of the brain
- It increases the flow of pranic energies within the body
- Prolonged practice makes the practitioner in general smarter and psychologically balanced
- Spiritual growth
CONCLUSION:- All these benefits are temporary in nature, if this exercise is not practiced regularly. The Superbrain Yoga must be done almost everyday to energize and activate the brain cells, To maximize these benefits, please follow simple instructions of Master Choa Kok Sui..